WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE CHUON LAGOON?
Just far from Hue city center about 15 kilometers, Chuon Lagoon (or Đầm Chuồn in vietnamese) is a part of Tam Giang Lagoon system – the largest lagoon in Southeast Asia with a length of 24 kilometers on an area of 52 square kilometers. Chuon Lagoon is an ideal place for those who loves travel and photography. From sunrise to sunset, Chuon lagoon appears peacefully and wonderfully like a watercolor masterpiece beyond any standard of beauty.
WHAT TO DO IN CHUON LAGOON?
- Visit by bicycle through the beautiful countryside roads, pass through fragrant ripen rice fields, villages of vegetable and enjoy fresh air, stop to take the photos or shoot a video about the temples of family and daily life of local people.
- Visit Thanh Toan bridge – tile-roofed bridge crosses a canal flowing from the beginning to the end of Thanh Toan village and was built in 16th century, a colourful and intereting local market and traditional agricultural museum.
- Visit a family of fisherman to know more about daily life of locale people, children and different types of fishing traps, nets, gears, …
- Take the boat ride on the Chuon Lagoon to see the fence system and the stilts on the lagoon.
- Have a lunch in floating restaurant in the middle of Chuon Lagoon, taste the fresh seafood while enjoy the cool breeze from sea.
WHAT TO EAT IN CHUON LAGOON?
Coming to Chuon Lagoon, besides watching the nature, you will have opportunities to enjoy fresh seafood here such as fresh shrimps, fish, squids, and crabs with reasonable prices. It can be said that it is a paradise for fresh seafood . Just go to the lagoon, choose which fish you like most and just a few moment later, many delicious and tasty food will appear on your eyes . The most famous food here is bánh khoái (rice pancake made from cá kình –a very nutritious and they are catched most there ). Bánh khoái is another version of Bánh xèo in Sud. A sauce is served but it is not made from fish, made from shrimp, called Mắm ruốc.
09:00 We take you from the hotel in Hue to transfer the countryside
We stop at Thanh Toan Bridge – the tile-roofed bridge in the village of Thanh Thuy was built in the 16th century. The guide will introduce you to the history of this village and the lifestyles of the local people and then visit the local market.
The next place is the agricultural museum, the guide will explain clearly traditional and production tools of famer.
Continue to visit the different village roads and enjoy the fresh air on the shaded bamboo, rice paddies and villages of vegetables.
Visit a family of fishermen to know more the life of local people, children, different types of fishing traps, nets, gear, …
Take the boat ride on the Dam Chuon lagoon to see the fisheries, the fence system and the stilts on the lagoon.
Lunch is served at a local restaurant in the middle of Dam Chuon and you can taste the specialties while enjoy the cool breeze. After lunch, you can swim or relax before returning to Hue
End of services
If you have plans to travel to Hue, you can spend one day to discover the lagoon of Tam Giang. It would not be an exaggeration that this is a journey will help you to heal the wounds in the heart and make you to be separated from the busy life of city
- Annually from April to July of the lunar calendar is the good time to come to Chuon lagoon.
- In the early morning, Chuon lagoon looks quiet because fishers have not come back yet from the catching seafood from the previous night.
- If you visit the lagoon in the morning, you can buy a half of kilo of fish and pay the vendors to cook you just bought (about VND 1,000 per fish).
- Do not forget to wear life jackets when you’re the boat
- You should use suntan cream because you may be sunburnt due to exposing to the sunlight on your way.
- Chuon Lagoon is the place of many aquatic creatures, therefore, please do not drop litters on the lagoon to protect its ecosystem as well as the livelihood of local people here.